sexta-feira, 25 de setembro de 2009

How I knocked out the Total Security


-
The Total security is a rogue anti-spyware that attempts to force you to buy it, issuing false alerts that PC is infected with multiple viruses.

After searching Google: "what is total security" – I found that it was rogue software and that all solutions to eliminate it were long and hard. I thought about formatting my HD and reinstalling everything of new, but I didn’t.

In the bleepingcomputer.com website, I found that the main code of this pretender was in the folder C:\Program Files\TSC with the tsc.exe name – I tried to erase it, but a message saying "access denied", "you need permission to perform this action" appeared. Then I had the good idea to rename it.

Until then I used to use Internet Explorer. I changed the browser and I deleted Total Security shortcuts on the desktop and Windows lower bar. Booted up and I went to work.

Thereafter, the animal was there, sleeping, but no more annoyed me. It was on September, 23 2009 and until now everything is well. So I saved time and money.
-

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

|  Twitter  | |  Depto Financeiro |